HIC sells primary professional insurance – both Claims Made and Occurrence Coverage. Primary insurance is available only to voluntary attending physicians at our member hospitals.
- Maimonides Medical Center
- Montefiore Medical Center
- Montefiore Mount Vernon Hospital
- Montefiore New Rochelle Hospital
- Mount Sinai Beth Israel
- Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn
- Mount Sinai Hospital
- Mount Sinai Queens
- Mount Sinai St. Luke’s
- Mount Sinai Roosevelt
- New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai
- White Plains Hospital
First Layer Excess Section 18 coverage is available at no charge only if a physician meets certain eligibility requirements. In addition, the physician must demonstrate: (a) A valid New York State medical license; (b) an individual primary policy of $1.3 million /$3.9 million; (c) an affiliation with a New York State general hospital and (d) successful completion of a qualified risk management program every two years.